Who we are
WeSchool is the leading Italian EdTech Company. We are on a mission to ensure learning never stops, our goal is to empower educators and learners, and encourage them to innovate learning by making it more inclusive, collaborative, and engaging.
What's in for you
We are looking for a expectational UI designer to work on all user-facing aspects of WeSchool's digital ecosystem. You will spearhead a significant redesign of WeSchool's desktop app and mobile platform and help us launch a new mobile app.
We are looking for someone with UI, and UX skills — your job will be to design easy-to-use and beautiful interfaces with a keen eye for details. You will think creatively about transforming wireframes into outstanding interfaces in alignment with the product roadmap for both new features and improvements to existing features.
As part of a team, you will have a great deal of autonomy and the freedom to experiment. Most importantly, you will participate in a vibrant community with amazing colleagues and passionate users, working on a product you can feel proud of and will make a positive difference in people’s lives.
We are an international team, though as designers we like to meet up in our Office in Milan, for three days a week (hybrid work welcome!) because we believe in a collaborative workflow.
What will you do:
- Work with managers to design high-quality user interfaces: from icons to buttons to full-screen designs.
- Partner with our Product Designers to level up the aesthetic of the app UX and design systems.
- Taking responsibility, and contributing to the visual style of the UI.
- Help WeSchool evolves as a brand, promoting consistency across the organization.
- Providing the UX team and Engineering Team with the assets they need to craft the best possible experience.
- 3+ years of UI experience.
- UI/UX design experience on digital products or websites, with a portfolio of work.
- Strong visual design with solid typography, color, and layout foundation.
- Proficient in Figma, and Adobe CC suite (PS, AI & AE) .
- Proficiency in using a prototyping tool or no-code platform (we currently use Webflow and Principle)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Driven by curiosity with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize tasks.
- Strong English communication skills — we discuss and debate nearly everything we do, so it’s critical that you can (and want to!) take part in that
Nice to have:
- Mobile app UI/UX design experience
- Illustration and / or Motion design skills are welcome but not mandatory.
We have recently closed a €6.4 million Series A funding round to scale technology and enter new markets.
We provide an online classroom collaboration e-learning platform developed in-house by our Tech team that has enabled 1.7M (20% of) Italian students not to miss school - the other 2 platforms were Google and Microsoft - and to amplify their learning experience by leveraging digital tools during the outbreak of the pandemic in 2020.
We are a young, fast-growing, and fast-paced team that values collaboration and innovation as keys to reaching our mission. Our company is home to over 60 full-time employees. And we plan to double our team in 2023 to push on our international growth with an objective-based approach.
We gather teams of experts from instructional design, software engineering, course development, educational video production, web marketing, teacher & student engagement.