At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
More than 1/3 of all food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet. 10% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste and loss.
Through our marketplace app, we connect businesses that have unsold, surplus food, with consumers who can buy and enjoy it at ⅓ of retail value. We are a certified B Corporation with a mission to empower everyone to take action against food waste. Alongside our marketplace app, we create educational tools, explore new business solutions, and influence legislation to help reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast: Our community of 77 million users in 17 countries have already saved more than 222 million meals from going to waste - saving more than 557,000 tonnes of CO2e! This year, Too Good To Go also reached 7th place among the most downloaded Food & Drink Apps worldwide, in the H1 2022 Apptopia ranking.
We look for talented people with diverse backgrounds to join our team. Right now, we’re recruiting a Social Media Intern for Italy in our Milan office 🚀
As Social Media Intern you will be part of our international, multidisciplinary Marketing community, with a focus on Italy. You will execute and support Social Media activity, including proactive posting, and reactive engagement 👥
Reporting to the PR Manager for Italy, you will:
- Publish social media content that is produced by our Global Creative team.
- Manage our owned social media channels day-to-day.
- Align with B2C Consumer Marketing, PR and Trade Marketing colleagues to ensure social amplification of relevant marketing activity.
- Lead ongoing, always-on community management across social media channels.
- Amplify relevant (UGC) content published by our user community.
- Work with our local Customer Care team to identify and hand over consumer feedback and negative comments.
- Identify local trends and propose local opportunities for social media.
- In-depth knowledge of the social media landscape: Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Youtube… 📱
- Fluent in Italian and English.
- Excellent communications skills - you’re a born storyteller with attention to detail.
- A keen interest in food-related media and food industry news.
- Strong creative writing skills and a clear and empathetic communications style.
- Ambition to positively engage consumers, with an audience-centric mindset.
- Ideally looking for a 1-year internship
- Based in Milan 📍
A desire to help make a positive impact on our planet and society
- We Win Together
- We Raise the Bar
- We Keep It Simple
- We Build A Legacy
- We Care
What we offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation) where you can see real and tangible impact in your role
- Working alongside an international community of users, partners and 1,100+ colleagues across 17 countries that are on the same important mission
- Personal and professional development opportunities in a fast-paced scale-up environment
- An inclusive company culture where you can bring your authentic self to work
- A strong, values-driven team culture where we celebrate successes and socialise with colleagues that care
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.