Scalapay is transforming the way people pay online and in-store by allowing shoppers to receive products now and pay for them later. At Scalapay we call this slow payment: helping shoppers spend responsibly on what they love. With over 2,000 retailers in fashion, beauty, and homeware & travel trusting us (Moschino, Decathlon, Calzedonia, Swappie and Jennyfer to name a few), we have more 1M+ customers using Scalapay today in Italy, France, Germany and the rest of Europe.
Following a 155M$ series A in September 2021, the Scalapay team is growing fast. We’re looking for extraordinary talents to come join the adventure as we develop existing markets and open new countries in Europe & beyond. Working at Scalapay means a day-to-day where things go very fast, the opportunity to work on exciting & challenging projects, and a team that lives by 4 values #createmagic #staycurious #beimpactful #playasateam. We’re lucky to already be one of the Top 10 startups to work for Italy according to LinkedIn, we’re working on being #1 everywhere ☺
If you love it, Scalapay it!
Nicola, our Head of Integration, is looking for a Full Stack Developer focused on APIs to join their team as Scalapay grows. This role is based in Milan where we’ll expect to see you often, however we are open to you working remotely regularly. We like to think that we're pretty good at offering a job where you can thrive and that fits nicely into a fulfilled life.
This role will see you working alongside developers, product owners and designers, building the technology used to provide innovative Buy Now Pay Later solutions to customers and our retail merchant partners across Europe. Our team are collaborators working within an Agile environment where we encourage and empower you to take end-to-end ownership of your projects. Your contribution will be key to the success of the entire engineering team and organisation.
- Write clean, well-designed RESTful APIs that integrate Ecommerce platforms and client applications with our core platform
- Help to innovate and solve complex technical problems
- Contribute to the development of the Scalapay web application
- Troubleshoot, test and automate to ensure high quality and optimisation
- Contribute to all phases of our products development lifecycles
Expected key results:
- Within 1 month, you understand our technical landscape you’ve fixed some basic issues on existing API integrations
- Within 3 months, you are able to fix most of API integrations bugs by yourself, the quality of your code is 99% clean by peer checking and complete with integration and unit testing
- Within 6 months, your are able to develop a new clean RESTful api and you’ve created a serverless function for plug-ins API, and you’ve put in place 2 to 3 best practices to improve the team’s time to delivery during sprints
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- You have significant development experience in Node.js, at least 5 years experience is a good benchmark here
- You are passionate about best practice software design and coding practices
- You speak and write fluent English and Italian, you will be working in English every day
Nice to have
- You’ve previously worked in a startup/scaleup environment
- Previous experience on Ecommerce development such as Magento, Salesforce, Shopify, Big Commerce, Woocommerce, Prestashop is a nig bonus
- Data-driven and organised, you like things to run like a machine
- You have excellent communication skills (verbal and written): you are able to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
- You are curious and always looking to explore the edges of a product or problem
- You’re a self-starter, autonomous & proactive: we’re looking for someone who will go and get things done, not wait for instructions
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- An attractive package based on your skills and experienceA stimulating and international working environment with big challenges to be met every day
- An opportunity to work with a team of industry tech leaders who are focused on delivering products that offer exceptional user experiences
- A personalised support to accelerate your professional growth and take ownership of the products you deliver: we want to help you grow!
- Working with the latest technologies and being encouraged to bring your own flair to the role
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing start-up: we’ve just raised a 155M$ series A, the future is bright!
- An first interview with Nicola to deep dive into your experiences and better understand your motivation
- A case study with Nicola and some Tech team members to test your hard skills
- A Meet The Team session where you’ll get to meet different people at Scalapay and see if you’ll fit into our culture
We believe in the power of diversity: Scalapay is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.