Scribd, Inc San Francisco Full-Time
Scribd is changing the way people discover and share information. Every day millions of people visit Scribd to read, share, and publish written works. If you're excited by this challenge, we want you. As an important member of a small and agile team, you will be responsible for architecting the user experience for Scribd’s applications. Other responsibilities will include contributing with visual designs, helping streamline the product development process, and conducting usability tests.
Who You Are
- You’re a team oriented individual who enjoys working with product, design, and engineering teams.
- You enjoy collaboration and appreciate the exchange of ideas and concepts.
- You are passionate about software products and obsess over their usability, and with improving people’s interaction with these.
- You have extreme attention to detail and are meticulous about how you communicate and document your designs.
- You care deeply about your work and how it will impact millions of users daily.
- Work closely with product/design team to define strategy and goals, design site architecture and navigation, and map out user experience in support of business requirements.
- Derive detailed use cases, interaction flows, wireframes, and specifications.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with engineering teams during the development process to ensure designs are properly implemented.
- Establish consistent interactions and appearance across all web and mobile products.
- Direct regular usability tests for your projects.
- Collaborate with visual designers to produce pixel-perfect mockups and final artwork.
- 2+ years of dedicated experience in UX architecture, interaction design, information architecture, or similar field.
- 5+ years experience as a member of a cross-functional team where you were part of designing, shipping, and revising more than one customer-facing web, mobile or software product.
- Strong comprehension of user-centered design principles, current design, and interaction trends.
- Working knowledge of opportunities and constraints of current and new UI languages, devices, and technologies as they pertain to visual design.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills; comfort presenting cohesive design approaches to non-design audiences.
- A degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or other visual design tools.
- Visual design skills are a plus. An understanding and appreciation for innovative use of typography, color, and layout for digital media would be welcome in this role.
- Understanding of CSS/HTML at the code level to determine how code affects design and vice versa.