Srategic Planner / Copywriter
gents agency Ghent Full-Time
You are what some might call a copystratenius. The infamous scientist Jason Friedrich Blumenback defines copystratenius as a mastodon creative from the digital era and beyond. Your main focus will be on creating genius added value for our clients - mainly international lifestyle & fashion brands. Your concepts and brand stories must be indisputably smart, innovative and awesome. You will aim for generating feedback from our clients - and their clients - that consists merely of vowels. Feedback such as “ooh!” and “aaaah!”
Your ideas must make our clients, and the clients of our clients, smile. Sometimes you’ll elicit a big and loud reaction, other days you’ll incite a little grin. Nevertheless, make us smile regularly and we'll address you with the title of 'Captain Awesome'. But be aware; on days that your ideas suck like a Dyson we might just call you 'nothing' and stare at you with the evil stare of disapproval.
Profile & Skills
- First and foremost you must be a nice person. You must be friendly, well educated and humble.
- Smart people with a good sense of humour have a distinct advantage.
- A love of the Muppets, The Empire Strikes Back, old-school robots, Donkey Kong Jr., Paul's Boutique, the Fender Telecaster and skötbullar would be a plus.
- You will have 3 to 5 years experience in the dark arts of advertising.
- You must be innovative, well informed, and up-to-date with all things advertising.
- You would have a very wide range of interests. Tremendous knowledge of the international advertising market would help too.
- You look forward to a yearly holiday in Cannes and yearn inexplicably for 'Lions'. Also a profound love for 'Yellow Pencils' is a plus.
- English is your mother tongue and you are a natural born writer (preferably American native).
- You know that it’s about injecting business into fun and vice versa. You've noticed the word 'business' here immediately.
- You will reply with a CV full with intelligent words such as “insights” and “cross-media-strategy.”
- You’ll need robust written communication skills and a professional level of efficiency in brand development.
- You must be excited about tackling new ground and creating leading digital marketing solutions.
- You must also able to assist mini teams in assessing and solving complex brand challenges.
We offer you a cool spot in an exciting fast-growing team, international projects, opportunities galore, a nice & friendly working atmosphere, the company of Chiara the purrfect cat, company lunches, and other things that make you a happy worker. Of course we'll provide you with great benefits and a competitive income.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.