Fi - The interactive Films New York Full-Time
The ideal Senior Art Director candidate comes from a small agency back-ground, where he/she has been a hands-on leader and artistic force for both the clients and the company. The Art Director is involved in most creative under-takings, from project concepting to design prototyping to design execution. He/she is expertly skilled in defining and executing design styles based on client strategy, brand, and creative guidelines.
Fi is a boutique-minded agency, with full-service digital offerings that span the world. Our clients, such as HTC, Porsche and Google, come to Fi because while being lean, we also think big and bold.
The ideal candidate has strong experience creating and managing design directions and materials. The daily work includes brainstorming new concepts, nailing down guidelines for artistic direction, making quick directional design mock-ups, leading and coaching the designers, ensuring adherence to our quality guidelines, and signing off on designs before delivery. The Art Director reports directly to the Creative Director and has daily communication with the CD on all creative matters.
- Leading the design input to RFP responses, executing design directions, managing the design process, induce design genius, and signing off on final designs
- Effectively inspiring the team and the client through ideas, designs and quality mindset
- Responsible for pixel-perfect visual appearance and design style of our projects
- Seeing and communicating the artistic vision to the team and the client
- Recognizing and acquiring new design talent for the team
- Managing, mentoring and coaching the design team
- Teaching and implementing Fi Quality as a standard
- Giving daily feedback and direction to the team
- Being the CDs steady support for creative input and design execution
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of interactive experience defining and driving the design process and direction of both small and large interactive projects for Web and other digital media (interactive design agency or advertising agency a must)
- Expert proficiency in multiple types of design software, including Photoshop
- Experience creating and designing interactive campaigns across multiple platforms
- A strong online portfolio, showcasing expertly executed ranges of design skills and styles
- Driven to lead the design team and propel Fi forward
- Good insight into current web design trends and related creative spaces
- Immaculate attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to manage and mentor designers
- Natural leadership abilities and affinity for building rapport, internally and externally.